It is very easy to transfer money from Mpesa to Equity Bank account using the Equity Bank Paybill number.
Using Mpesa Toolkit
- From the Safaricom menu on your phone, select Mpesa. Then select ‘Lipa na M-PESA’ as your payment method.
- Select Pay Bill.
- The Pay Bill Number is requested by M-Pesa. Enter the pay bill number for Equity Bank, which is 247247.
- Input the account number of your Equity bank account or the account number to which you want to transfer money through Mpesa.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer from Mpesa to the Equity bank account you entered.
- Mpesa will prompt you for your Mpesa PIN. Fill in your MPesa PIN.
- Make sure you’ve entered the proper information. This is a critical step that must not be skipped.
- Check to see whether the information you entered is valid. To send, press OK.
- Safaricom will send you an M-Pesa transaction confirmation SMS shortly.
Using the Mpesa App.
- To begin, go to the Google Playstore or the App Store and download the Mpesa App.
- Use your Mpesa phone number to sign up.
- Go to the ‘Pay’ tab.
- Choose ‘Paybill’ from the drop-down menu.
- There are two alternatives available. Search forEquity bank in the Search box, or simply type 247247 in the Paybill Number field.
- Please enter your account number.
- The amount you want to transfer
- Finally, tap on the Paybill button at the bottom of the Mpesa app.
- To complete the transaction, confirm your PIN or with your fingerprint.