Mpesa Xpress Billing is a service offered by Mpesa allowing smartphone users to be able to purchase applications and digital goods from the Google playstore.
This service is only offered to users in Kenya with registered M-PESA accounts, Google accounts and Android devices.
When purchasing an app on playstore you will be required to set up a payment option
Users looking to buy an app or game on Google playstore are required to register a payment profile together with their mobile number.
How to add M-PESA as a payment method
- Go to Google Playstore on your Android device
- Click on the home icon
- Select “account”
- Go to “payments methods”
- Select “M-PESA Xpress billing”
- Register your personal details and save
How to purchase an App from Playstore via M-PESA
- Go to Playstore and select the App to purchase
- Select MPESA Xpress as the payment option.
- You will get a confirmation pop-up indicating the amount of the app and the payment option selected.
- Proceed to click “BUY”
- You will get a push notification on phone to input MPesa PIN to complete the transaction
- Upon confirmation, funds will be deducted from Mpesa account and the transaction completed.
- The app will automatically start to install.