To delete a page that contains text, graphics, or empty paragraphs, select the content to delete, and press Delete. You can also do this:
- Click or tap anywhere in the page you want to delete, press Ctrl+G.
- In the Enter page number box, type \page.
- Press Enter on your keyboard, and then select Close.
- Verify that a page of content is selected, and then press Delete on your keyboard.
To remove blank pages in the middle or at the end of your document, see below;
Word includes a non-deleteable end-paragraph that sometimes gets pushed out to a new, blank page at the end of a document. The way to delete the page is to make the end-paragraph fit onto the preceding page. The most sure-fire way is to make the end-paragraph very small (1 point):
- Press Ctrl+Shift+8 (⌘+8 on a Mac) to show paragraph marks.
- Select the paragraph mark.
- Select inside the Font size box, type 01, and then press Enter .The paragraph now fits on the preceding page, removing the unwanted blank page.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to hide the paragraph marks (⌘+8 on a Mac).
If that paragraph still doesn’t fit on the preceding page, you can make the bottom margin smaller (Layout tab > Margins > Custom Margins, and set the bottom margin to something small, like 0.3 inches).
Tip: If the paragraph mark has a square bullet next to it, the paragraph might have the Page break before option turned on. To turn it off, right-select the empty paragraph, select Paragraph Settings (Home tab), and on the Lines and Page Breaks tab of thedialog box, uncheck Page break before.
Convert to PDF
You can get rid of a trailing blank page by saving the document as a PDF, leaving out the last page.
- Go to File > Save As, pick a place to save the file, and then choose PDF for the Save as type.
- Select Options in the Save As dialog box.
- Under Page range, choose Page(s), and then specify your non-blank pages. For example, if page 5 of your document is the blank page you can’t get rid of, specify pages from 1 to 4.
- Select OK, and then select Save.
Use paragraph symbols
- Detect what’s on the page by displaying paragraph marks and formatting symbols. Look on your blank page to see if there are any symbols, especially the paragraph mark,
or ¶. Select the symbol and delete it, and you will likely also delete your blank page.
- If your blank page is in the middle of the document, it may be due to a manual page break. With paragraph marks turned on, you will be able to see the page break. Select it and delete it.