The first way you can delete your Telegram account is through the app’s self-destruction security feature. As the name implies, your account is deleted after a period of inactivity.
The default self-destruct time frame is six months, but you can shorten it.
- Open the Telegram app.
- From the menu, select ‘Settings.’
- Go to “Privacy and Security.’
- Scroll down to ‘Delete my account.’
- Select ‘if I’m Away For’ and choose a time frame.
Delete your Telegram account manually
The first thing you should know is that there is no option to delete your account through the Telegram app. You need to do so through a web browser.
- Go to the Telegram Deactivation Page.
- Enter the phone number associated with your account.
- Type the confirmation code you receive on your phone.
- On the next page, you can send Telegram feedback and let them know why you’re deleting your account.
- Afterward, click on ‘Done.’
- When the prompt appears, confirm by clicking on ‘Yes, delete my account.’
And that’s it.
Your account is now permanently deleted, and you can remove the app from your devices.
If you change your mind, it will take several days until you’ll be able to use the same number to create another account.