Explora truly comes alive when you connect it to the internet. With CatchUp Plus (exclusive to DStv Premium) and on Showmax, you can catch up on or binge-watch your favorite TV series, blockbuster movies, documentaries and so much more. What’s more, you can even schedule recordings on your decoder when you’re away from home so that you don’t miss a thing.
- A DStv Explora
- An uncapped internet connection
- A minimum 2Mbps is required for downloads and/or remote recording
- For SD viewing, a minimum of 4Mbp is required
- For HD viewing (and the best experience), a minimum of 10Mbps is recommended
Internet Connection via Ethernet
An Ethernet cable provides the most stable internet connection between a Dstv Explora and your internet router. Bonus points if you already have the cables laid and it’s only a matter of adding another device.
For standard definition (SD) or 480P, a minimum of 4Mbps is required where High Definition (HD) requires 10Mbps for the best experience. Please remember that data costs may apply when streaming or downloading content.
Once all’s well, you can now dig up your remote control from beneath the sofa or thereabout and set things up proper:
What to do
- Press the Blue DStv button on your remote
- Go to Settings
- Select System Settings
- Select Connectivity Set-up
- Now plug an Ethernet cable directly into the green Ethernet port on the back of your DStv Explora and then insert the other end into an available Ethernet port on your router.
- The DStv Explora will now automatically run the set-up wizard and test connectivity to the internet
- That’s it
You can always check your connectivity from your decoder. Press the HELP button on your remote, select Tools, then select Connectivity Checker.