To unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, follow the below process;
- With your Apple Watch and iPhone next to each other, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
- Tap the info button next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- Select Unpair Apple Watch.
- For GPS + Cellular models, choose whether you want to keep or remove your cellular plan.
- If you plan on pairing your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan.
- If you’re getting rid of your watch, remove your plan. If you aren’t going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.
- Tap to confirm. If Activation Lock appears, you’ll need to disable it by entering your Apple ID password. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone saves a backup, which can be used to restore a new Apple Watch.