To send money from Kenya to Tanzania from your Safaricom MPESA line, follow these 5 simple steps.
- Go to M-PESA and select Lipa Na M-PESA.
- Select Pay Bill and enter business number 255255.
- Under account number, enter the Tanzania recipient’s mobile number in the format 2557XXXXXXXX
- Enter amount you wish to send in Ksh.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and confirm the transaction.
In Tanzania, if the money was sent via M-Pesa, it will go directly into your Vodacom M-Pesa account. You should be fully registered on Vodacom M-Pesa to do this. You do not need to know the exchange rate, it will be converted automatically and the prevailing exchange rate indicated on the transaction confirmation.
Chipper Cash is an app that offers instant cross-border mobile money transfers in Africa. It offers no-fee, P2P, cross-border mobile-money payments in Africa select African countries with plans to roll out in other African regions in the next couple of months.
Chipper Cash went live in October 2018, joining a growing field of fintech startups aiming to scale digital finance applications across Africa’s billion-plus population. This African no-fee, cross-border payment startup has recently been on the headlines as it has just managed to raise a $2.4 million seed round led by Deciens Capital.