Disability cards in Kenya play an important part in identifying the disabled and prioritizing them when it comes to employment opportunities for people with disabilities in Kenya. This helps to eradicate poverty in the country as well as provides a tax exemption for people with disabilities in Kenya.
Are you looking for online registration for persons with disabilities (PWDs)? Well, you’ve come to the right place because I am going to show you a variety of details that will assist you in obtaining a disability card without much difficulty.
Without further ado, let me show you how to apply for a disability card in Kenya:
- Obtain a medical report from the government hospital to ascertain that a person has a disability.
- Log in to the official government website for the disabled.
- Fill in the disability registration form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Click on “submit” to complete the application process.
- A notification will be sent to you showing that the disability card is due.
This is how you apply for a disability card in Kenya.
Here are the documents that you are required to upload during the application.
- Medical reports.
- Passport size photos.
- Police Clearance Certificate Copy
- Certificate of good conduct.
- A copy of the birth certificate.
This is the online application for the disability card. You can also make a physical application by visiting the local office of Gender and Social Development in your sub-county.
Benefits of Disability Card
Perhaps you may wish to know the disability card benefits in Kenya, which include:
- Access to assistive devices.
- Given allowances on a monthly basis.
- An increase in retirement age.
- Scholarship schemes.
- Rebate on income tax.
- Reservation in government jobs.
These are the benefits that disable people with disability card enjoy in Kenya.
I hope you are now aware of the disability card benefits that you can get by possessing a disability card in Kenya. Besides, it is good to have a disability card. Remember, disability is never an inability. Apply for a disability card today and enjoy the amazing benefits that come with it.