Both TKash and Airtel Money users can now pay Merchants via Lipa Na M-PESA Till Numbers and Paybill Numbers.
This is a move by the Communication Authority and Central Bank dubbed #TillniTill to promote interoperability between the biggest telcos in Kenya – Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom.
Previously Airtel money users had to input a USSD code *222# before sending money to a merchants using Lipa Na M-PESA as a payment method.
After the interoperability announcement Friday, both Telkom and Airtel users will now be in a position to send money directly to M-Pesa till numbers and Paybill Numbers just like how Safaricom MPesa customers do.
How to Pay for Goods from Airtel Money, TKash to Lipa Na M-Pesa
As a customer, either Airtel or Telkom, you can pay for goods and services to merchants accepting Lipa Na M-PESA as follows;
- Go to Airtel Money or TKash menu
- Select Lipa Na Airtel Money or TKash
- Select paybill or till number ( whichever the merchant is using)
- Enter the merchant MPesa Paybill or till number
- For paybill option, enter account number as directed by the attendant at the payment point.
- Enter amount to pay
- Confirm details
- Enter Airtel Money or TKash PIN