The Kenya Defense Force (KDF) plays a vital role in protecting the country’s territory and maintaining peace in the country. Perhaps you are passionate about protecting the citizens of Kenya, but you have no idea of where to start from. You should consider joining KDF as it is the best venture for you. In this article, I am going to take you through various details that will help your dream come true. Let us get started on the step-by-step guide on how to become a KDF in Kenya:
- Attain a minimum mean grade of D+ in the KCSE.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Provide your certificate of good conduct.
- Must be a legal Kenyan citizen.
- Provide a medical certificate showing you are medically fit and physically fit.
- Enroll for a training session after getting the KDF recruitment news that is always delivered to the general public.
- Go for training in a specific appointed field.
This is how to become a KDF soldier in Kenya as well as the procedure on how to join KDF in Kenya as a cadet or in any other career.
Qualifications for Recruitment
You also need to be aware of the KDF recruitment qualifications, which are:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Possess a National Identity Card.
- Be aged 18 years old or older.
- Minimum education qualifications of either a diploma holder or a degree holder for those who want to join special ranks in the KDF.
- A medical certificate showing your fitness.
These are the qualifications that you need to have when joining KDF in Kenya.
Joining KDF with a degree will earn you a special faculty position in the KDF that will earn you more income compared to those who joined KDF with only their KCSE certificates. Besides, joining KDF in Kenya is easy when you follow the right legal procedure.