LinkedIn lets users schedule posts beforehand to keep their profile updated even when they go offline. Additionally, you can see a list of all the posts you have scheduled. However, the feature is not supported for posts like Events, Jobs, Services, Polls, Carousels, Reshares and group posts.
Here’s how you can schedule LinkedIn posts on desktop
- Open the LinkedIn app or the official website and log into your account using your credentials.
- Click on the Start a post textbox at the top of the homepage. A Create a post pop-up window will be displayed on your screen.
- Type in your content.
- Select the Clock icon available in the lower-right corner.
- In the Schedule Post pop-up window, choose a date and time (earliest 1 hour and latest 3 months) to publish the post.
- Click on the Next button. You will be able to see the scheduled date and time above the post.
- Hit the Schedule button.
Here’s how you can schedule LinkedIn posts on mobile app
- Open the LinkedIn app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Post option available in the navigation bar. The Share post pop-up window will be displayed on your mobile screen.
- Type in the content of your post.
- Tap on the Clock icon available in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose a date and time (earliest 1 hour and latest 3 months) for the post to go live in the Schedule pop-up window.
- Then, tap on the Next button.
- Hit the Schedule button available on the upper-right corner.
LinkedIn also allows you to edit, reschedule, or delete the posts you have scheduled at any time before it goes live.
LinkedIn’s post scheduling is quite a useful addition. You can use it to plan your marketing strategy in advance. It can also come in handy for those who are not available during certain hours of the day – they can simply schedule posts for that period.